Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Things I've learned in Beaumont....

Since moving to Beaumont, Kris and I have notice QUITE a few differences from other places we have lived. AND have had to adapt..

#1. ASK THEN MOVE!
When you go to church, if there are 2 open seats at the end of a row, DO NOT assume they are open, even if you ask the family sitting in the row if they are saved.
(Yep, after asking first, then sitting down, a family asked Kris and I to move about 2 minutes later!!!!) I was shocked! WWJD?!?!?



#2. WATCH WHERE YOU STEP!
We have both have stepped in more gum, in the last 3 weeks, than in our whole lives.. and it is SO sticky! I think from the humidity.. haha


#3. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
I have naturally wavy hair.. not cute wavy, just annoying. So when I get ready, I straighten it. WELL, as soon as I walk outside.. My hair looks like this :(


#4. BRING AN UMBRELLA
It rains almost everyday here! I walked in the store yesterday under perfectly clear skies and not 2 minutes later it started pooring.. WHAT THE ?!?!

#5. THEY DON'T AGE!!
The population here in Beaumont is over 50% African American, to say the least Kris and I are the minority. BUT that is not what I learned on this one, it is that African American women do not age! Seriously, their skin is wrinkle free and gorgeous.. NOT FAIR
!

5 comments:

  1. The rain is thanks to hurricane season. It's like every afternoon the skies decide to open up, but can't fully commit so you'll hit sun and rain withing the same 5 minute drive! I agree about the ageless women too! I have a girl that comes to my class that seriously looks younger than me until she admitted she had a 19 year old. What the?! Maybe I SHOULD be drinking the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I love you - WWJD!! HILARIOUS :) Lovin the blog lover - love even more that you put Amy LOU Fromm for me.. MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha!! this is hilarious! love it.

    ReplyDelete